My Modded Harbor Freight Tire Changer

I finally finished up modding my Harbor Freight manual tire changer with a homemade Mount/Demount head unit attachment that all mounts to my trucks hitch receiver! No more tire changing fees at Walmart! Now all that’s left to do is test out the head unit.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

A Diy Kayak Cart Experiment

In this video I took it upon myself to see if I could come up with a simple kayak cart utilizing easily sourced components that could be assembled by most people that are handy with basic hand tools. I have seen similar designs on the internet but being that I normally fish salt water I never considered it because they all seem to incorporated some sort of steel axle which equates to future issues dealing with rust. My version is more saltwater friendly requiring virtually no maintenance other than your basic wash down after use.

► C-tug Wheels → https://amzn.to/2YvIjwj

A New Addition to my Fleet

I’m so stoked to have finally found a boat (after two years of searching) that met most of the requirements that I was looking for to include that it would be in fairly good condition and reasonably priced.

So here is the latest addition to the channel and my fleet – a 1989 Bass Tracker Tournament V17 with a Mercury 80, 2 stroke outboard. Currently I’m going thru all the electrical system to see what needs fixing or updating as well as familiarizing myself with the motor and doing any and all maintenance that needs to be done up front to have it all up to date. Although I can’t wait to get it on the water I have no plans on rushing things until I feel comfortable that the most critical parts of the maintenance process has been completed on this boat. I’ll be posting up a video soon to document my journey to get this boat back on the water for those that may be interested

 

Go Slayer Go! 1st Outboard Motor Test

I finally was able to get the kayak registered to begin testing the outboard motor mounts that I made for my Native Slayer Propel 10 kayak. In this video I am testing the DIY side mount which will be used in conjunction with Hobie Sidekick floats to help add stability to the kayak due to the offset weight of the motor. Aside from checking for stability I will be also looking at what speeds are attainable with the Suzuki 2.5 when pushing the hull design of the Slayer kayak.

New Hawg Trough Clip Design

I came up with a new Hawg Trough storage clip design for my Slayers motor mount yesterday which I think is going to work out great. I printed it out this morning and from what I can see so far is that it does not interfere with the rear crate or the rod holders and I should still have easy access to it when needed. A small bungee will keep it in place when transporting the kayak.

I Put an Outboard on my Native Slayer Propel 10 Kayak 😊👍

Since I love to tinker and make things whenever possible I decided to take on this little project just for the fun of it and see what I could come up with. The main criteria for this motor mount project was that it had to be relatively low cost to make and easy to mount using readily available materials but still do the job that it was intended to do. For the most part I believe I have met that criteria. If anyone is looking to build a motor mount for their own personal kayak then hopefully this video will give you a couple of super cheap alternative choices on how to proceed to get you started! A second “on the water” video using these mounts are currently in the works and will be made available soon.

Hobie X-BAR Extrusion Support Kit

Img_2255_B

For a limited time a Hobie Xbar Extrusion Support Kit will be made available for public purchase for those interested in duplicating the modification I made of adding a Hobie Adventure Island ama to a Hobie Pro Angler 14.

Contact me using the form below and specify that you may be interested in purchasing a Hobie Xbar Extrusion Support Kit for details.