In anticipation of hopefully catching a bunch of bait for this fall seasons mullet run, I put together my version of a floating bait livewell that I can drag behind me with the kayak or use it off the shoreline or jetties. It’s the size of a five gallon bucket so it should hold a good amount of bait. I like this setup for the main reason that the bait is in its environment with no need to worry about water temp, circulate water or use an air bubbler to try and keep them alive.
The best part is that it cost me $0! I had everything I needed from previous projects laying around in the garage. 😊👍
My logo decals for the kayaks came in a few weeks ago and finally got around to mounting them this past week – Oh Yeah! I think they turned out pretty good… 😎👍
09/10/2018 – I have been wanting to fish the Sebastian Inlet north jetty pier for a while now and it finally happened. Had a great time out there bonding with my son (it was his birthday!) and and he chose to spend his day fishing with me – Awesome day aside from getting skunked!
08/17/2018 – Just another day out on the water with my buddy Ron enjoying the outdoors and if we are lucky… Maybe… Just maybe… We will catch some fish!
The net cradle was designed to be mounted on the threaded insert of the Native Watercraft propel drive located on top of the units pedal drive assembly. The bungee, shown in the video, is optional but does aid in securing the net when not in use. Requires a 1/4-20 x one inch long stainless steel bolt for mounting.
I have been using this net cradle for quite some time now and have only good things to say about it. Also this is one of those “must have” accessory mods for me on the Native Slayer 10… I did not realize until now that I never shared this mod so as they say “better late than never”. Hopefully those that make this cradle will get some joyful use out of it as I most certainly have.
► Thingiverse → https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3066613
I recently purchased a GoPro microphone adapter so that I can mount it on to my aluminum camera shell. I needed a way to securely mount the adapter but also be easily removable as well. I’ve seen some of the other youtube channels that displayed their setups with mounting the adapter but none of them appealed to me so I decided just to go ahead and design one for myself and 3d print it. I’m very happy with the way it turned out so I will be sharing the file with all those who may be interested in something like this for their personal camera setup.
► Thingiverse → https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3053274
08/10/2018 – Just another leisurely day enjoying the companionship of my brother and son while bottom fishing off a party boat for whatever strikes the hook. If you have never been on a party boat before then this video may give you a sneak peek of what it is like to go out on a half day trip.
Caught this ugly critter a couple of days ago… Felt like I was pulling up an anchor… It’s called a “Cabezon” aka “Mother-in-law” fish as per the following webpage:
This is a diy “on the water selfie solution” while fishing or kayaking where taking a video selfie from a distance is difficult when one is alone. Although a stakeout pole can be an option for video selfies, the float cam allows the camera to be mobile thereby giving you more options for some great video shots. You can also just tow it along with you without taking up more space on your kayak until you are ready to use it or you can just film yourself while you tow the camera behind you for another new perspective. This obviously should be limited to calm waters as it would not be a practical solution during windy or rough water conditions unless of course you recording with the rig inverted for some amazing under water footage!
Now wouldn’t it be awesome to float the camera a distance from you while you cast your lure at the camera for a retrieve? I think so… Especially if a fish strike was included during that retrieve! This is definitely a easy project to tackle for those interested in something like this to try out for themselves.
► Thingiverse Link → https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2344666
This is my new upgraded weed shield design derived from my original weed shield project for the prop shaft of my Native Watercraft Slayer 10 propel drive. With this version the direction of water flow while moving forward is now blocked off by the shield while it overlaps the base of the prop hub itself. Now with that said it is virtually impossible to prevent weed wrapping over the prop when hitting grass covered areas but with this method, at the very least, it should make removal of the weed wrap a quicker headache to deal with.
I am sharing the project files of my new design on thingiverse for those who would like to 3d print their own or would like to have one made by one of many 3d printing services available online. At this time, for those needing a print service, I would like to recommend 3dhubs
► Thingiverse Link → https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3029155
► 3dhubs Link → https://www.3dhubs.com/3dprint